Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ANTM Cast Rundown: Brittany Bower and Lisa D'Amato


           Bring on some hot messes, beginning with Brittany Bower!

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            I absolutely loved Brittany during Cycle 4. After Kahlen, who was so robbed by the way, Brittany was my other favorite during her cycle for a few reasons. First off, Brittany was always unfiltered. You never wondered about whether or not she was putting on an act or playing the game, because Brittany was simply too authentic to do so. Sometimes, actually quite often, this can make for an annoying contestant. The reason that did not happen with Brittany was due to her fantastic personality. She was fun, never took things or herself too seriously, and just came across as genuine. In other words, she got drunk at a designer’s house, told Keenyah off, and pretty much acted a fool, but in the best possible way. What can I say, I like my hot messes. I especially like my hot messes when they can perform, and Brittany could take a great photo.

            Sure, early on in the competition she sexed it up too much. I mean this makes me back away from my computer.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            And this one, while great for teenage boys and men, is not good on any other level. Besides the eye candy in the back, of course.

Photo Credit:All-ANTM.net

            These pictures though?

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Fantastic. I mean, just wow. Not only are they great shots, even my pants move a little on that last one, they also show Brittany’s ability to adapt. She was told to tone down and learn to use her sex appeal differently, and she did. A few of the winners on this show were girls that were naturally good models. A lot more, however, were girls who listened the best and found a way to give the judges what they wanted. Let’s face it, that is what those egotistical fools want. Show them you value their opinion as well as deliver good photos, and you can go very far.

            Prediction: Brittany’s personality will definitely keep her around for at least the first few episodes. Given the volume of bitches being brought back, this cycle will need her fun-loving ways. If she can still deliver a fantastic photo, and my gut says she can, expect her to make it past the halfway mark and even go abroad.
            Top 9-5.


            Speaking of tragic people, up next is Lisa D’Amato!

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Lisa was just a mess standing, but she always entertained me. “Have a cookie” still resides in my automatic response menu in my head when somebody is freaking out, thanks to her. You should try it out sometime, people tend to calm the hell down when you say, “Have a cookie!” People are typical that way.

Anyways, back to Lisa. Lisa is probably one of the more infamous contestants the show has had, due to her craziness on ANTM and appearance on Celebrity Rehab. I was actually shocked when they said Lisa would be returning to compete again. First of all, I hope she is clean and stable. I am all for laughing at the contestants when they act like asshats, but I am not for making fun of a contestant’s legitimate problem. It just does not sit well with me. Outside of that, I am glad to have Lisa back. Sure she could look a little harsh in some of her photos.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

All right, more than a little. A lot of times, though, she could use her strong features to really turn out a photo. 

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Look at those four photos. There are four different expressions, poses, and feelings evoked as a result of them. That is what a true model does; she gives variety and whatever is needed for a specific shoot.

Prediciton: Lisa is a little bit of a wild card, which is quite fitting. I think Lisa’s duration on the show will all be determined by how well she manages the pressure. During her cycle, it finally got to her and she deflated. Add on the pressure of her addiction, which have no doubts will be her most defining characteristic on the show, and things are not looking too good for her. She might surprise people, however, and use her experience going through rehab and getting clean to her advantage. Obviously that is not an easy thing, and might help strengthen her conviction during the show. That begs the question, what would be harder? Dealing with these girls and Tyra, or trying to get clean? I honestly do not know. Ultimately, I think Lisa sticks around for a while. Yet, when she does not give the show the breakdown they want, she will be asked to leave for not performing as well as the other girls.
Top 10-8.

Previous two girls here!                    Next two girls here!

1 comment: