Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ANTM Cast Rundown: Kayla Ferrel and Alexandria Everett


            Let’s put this bitch to bed. Kayla Ferrel, get you and your gayness over here!

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            If it had not been for Anne, I think Kayla would have definitely won Cycle 15. In fact, I think Kayla would have won a lot of the most recent cycles. First of all, she can take an absolutely stunning picture.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Those are absolutely fantastic. I mean even her other photos are still pretty fab.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            I will say she could look a little awkward at times, but that is because of her strong features.

            Also, she had such a winning personality. Kayla always tried, never fought or started drama, and generally seemed like a very down to earth girl. To top all of that off, she had compelling backstory involving childhood abuse. The show is all about exploiting (let’s call a duck a duck here) that type of material. Most importantly, Kayla being a lesbian would have fulfilled ANTM’s need when it comes to token winners. As she herself astutely mentioned at the beginning of her cycle, the show has never had a(n out?) gay winner. Giving the political times, and the way the show likes to use its winners for statement making purposes, Kayla would be an excellent winner for all of these reasons.

            Prediction: Therefore, Kayla is my one exception when it comes to the fact that a white girl will not win this season. The fact that Tyra could add to her collection of token winners, and do so with a girl that could actually win a cycle on her talent alone, must be very enticing. Kayla has everything the show looks for win it comes to its winners, and I will not be surprised in the least if she takes it all.
            Top 4-1.

            Alexandria Everett, go away. Okay fine, I guess I have to do you too.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Where to begin with this one? First off let me say that for a lot of people Alexandria was polarizing. Some people thought she was this evil spawn of Satan, who could not model and whose only purpose was to make them hate life on a weekly basis. Others thought she was not only unfairly attacked, but also was actually a good model and deserved to win. Me? I fell in somewhere in between. Yeah she could be annoying, but I also thought the other girls ganged up on her like bored harpies. That house does things to people. Moreover, I thought she turned in some decent pictures, but nothing that was unbelievable. Most importantly, I was just so “meh” about Alexandria. As far as villainesses go on this series, she was the weakest in my opinion. She was not bitchy enough to make hate her, not conniving enough to astound me, not witty enough to make laugh, and not terrible enough to have me cheer when she left. Alexandria is the girl I am least looking forward to, because she is so boring in my opinion. Still, we might as well talk about her chances. We did not come this far to stop now.

            She could definitely take nice photographs.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            My ultimate problem was that, by the end, they all looked alike.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net
 
            I am so bored. I just cannot with this one at the moment.

Prediction: Anyways, so she is clearly back to see how the new bitches match up against the old ones. I fully expect her to get her ass handed to her, causing her to default into victim mode. I think she will last until the middle of the cycle, at which point she will be unceremoniously dumped.
Top 10-7.

And with that, we are done bitches! Get ready for a great cycle!

No comments:

Post a Comment