Wednesday, September 7, 2011

ANTM Cast Rundown: Laura Kirkpatrick and Angelea Preston


            Almost at the finish line! Stretch out those judging muscles so you do not get cramp. Good, now we are ready to start with Laura Kirkpatrick.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net




             Honestly, I always go back and forth on whether or not Laura or Shannon was the worst runner-up. That sounds really terrible, but I mean here are her best shots.


Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Now think about all of the other 2nd place finishers. See what I mean? Furthermore, those photos above are her good ones. We can take a quick gander at her worst.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Not ugly, but definitely not good either. Which gets me to my whole point about Laura, she is not back because of her modeling ability. Laura was only brought back because of her personality. She is kooky, sweet and a good character for television, though she can grate on my nerves at times, but she definitely is not here as a competitor.

            It should be noted, though, that Laura did commentate on Cycle 14 along with Bianca Golden for the CW. Clearly, that means somebody (read as: Tyra and the ANTM producers) likes her, so never underestimate that.

            Prediction: Like I am sadly reiterating for the umpteenth time about these girls this cycle, Laura’s personality should carry her for a while. I think she is going to dip out sooner than others, however, because her modeling will not be good enough to justify keeping her. Still, that has never been a guarantee with this show, and I could see Laura having an outside chance on landing somewhere in the middle:
            Top 12-7

            Speaking of girls and personality, Miss Angelea Preston!

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net
 
            If I am not mistaken, and my embarrassing knowledge of ANTM tells me I am not, Angelea’s appearance officially makes her the girl to compete the most times on the show. Do not ask how I know that. Anyways, in a lot of ways, Angelea is almost the whole package. That sounds ridiculous, but I have the evidence to back that up. Trust me!

            First off, there is her personality. Not only was she funny as hell, she brought the bitchy/sassy without making me hate her. In other words, Angelea was somebody you could laugh at and with. Television gold, people.

            There is also her portfolio, which, when she was on, is pretty damn good. 

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net
 

            Of course the caveat here is that it is when she is on. Otherwise, she produced some duds.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Also, it should be noted she started to succumb to the pressure near the end of Cycle 14, causing her personality to fizzle. Angelea went from sassy and finger-snapping, to depressing and a touch desperate.

            That is why I say she is almost the whole package. She has the television personality and modeling ability, but no consistency. Angelea went so far during her cycle because she gave the producers so much to work with, as well as providing some standout pictures. The reason she did not pull a Jaslene (bonus points for getting this reference) was her lack of consistency.

            Prediction: Perhaps third times the charm? I can definitely see Angelea taking it all the way this time, especially if she keeps her head on near the end and delivers photos like she can. She could definitely fizzle again, but I do not see that happening, if it does at all, until she is abroad.
            Top 6-1.

            Previous two girls here!                   Next two girls here!

No comments:

Post a Comment