Sunday, September 4, 2011

ANTM Cast Rundown: Sheena Sakai and Allison Harvard


            ANTM, I have no forsaken you! The whole moving to another country thing just prevented me from having time to finish up with last couple of reality television whores contestants. What? I love these women but let’s not get it twisted. They are here to get their name back out there, nothing else. Speaking of which, Sheena Sakai and her fake boobs everyone!

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            I kid because I love, and I really do love me some Sheena. And you know what, what is there not to love about Sheena? She is fun loving, hilarious, and all around good people. Boobgate was such a great moment. I will always love that. What is that? Her modeling? Oh yeah. See here is the thing about Sheena. Here are her good pictures:

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Here are her bad pictures:

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Noticing something about all of them? That would be a distinctive lack of energy or umph, in my opinion. Sure, there are some good photos there, but none of them really jump out to me. For being in the competition as long as she was, she took 6th her cycle, you would expect at least one to really catch my attention. Now, I am not saying she is bad model, just a meh one. In other words, Sheena is really here because of her personality, not her talent.

            Of course, there are a lot girls that could apply to, probably too many honestly. That, actually, is a good thing for Sheena, because it means she can work her personality to get further. With so many bitches this cycle, fun girls like Sheena will be necessary to balance them out.

            Prediction: That is why I see Sheena landing somewhere solidly in the middle. She will be fun, do passably well in the photos and challenges, but eventually be beaten by better talent. While she is in the competition, however, I am sure she will make me laugh. For that, Sheena, I will always love you.
            Top 10-7.

            Allison Harvard, get your weird ass out here.

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net
 
            Allison is probably the girl who was robbed the most out of this cast during her original cycle. I thought Teyona was a very good model, and had a stronger portfolio and performance than some of the other winners. Still, I thought Allison was definitely better. I mean, the self-professed “girl who cannot walk” found a way to be better on that cracktastic final runway! Man, that shit was weird. As for her portfolio?

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net


Photo Credit: All-ANTM.net

            Stellar. Those photos are both beautiful and interesting. Allison knew how to work her specific, and not necessarily typical, beauty in a way that could really grab your attention. The one criticism, however, is that they are bit repetitive. That is the flipside to having strong and atypical features, it is harder for you to change up your look. Basically, Allison has a signature look, which works both for her and against her.

            A lot of people are pegging Allison as an early favorite who could win it all. I agree with them, to a point. If she can still pictures like this, she will be a force to be reckoned with. Also, Allison has worked a lot behind the scenes in the fashion world since her cycle. This cycle is all about branding and knowledge outside of just being a model in front of camera or on a catwalk. That experience will help her.

            Still, the “weird girl” has already won a cycle when Ann took it in Cycle 15. Tyra is all about diversifying her winners, but she does it in a token way. She has her token plus-sized winner, Hispanic, short girl, etc. Allison’s type has been filled, so I do not see her getting the win here. Moreover, this would be the third winner in a row, and the sixth of the last eight, to be white. Call me cynical, but I do not see that happening.

            Prediction: Allison will go very far in this competition. In fact, I definitely see her making the Top 3 again. Her natural ability and being loved by the fans will ensure she makes it there, in my opinion. I do not see her winning it all, however, and I am sure there will be screams of her being robbed, again.
            Top 3-2.

            Previous two girls here!                   Next two girls here!

No comments:

Post a Comment